I founded What Matters Coaching to work with:
- Leaders and teams seeking professional or personal development.
- Individuals making career or life transitions.
I am passionate about helping my clients fulfill
their objectives by:
- Distilling what's really important to them in leadership and in life.
- Learning to live and work according to what really matters.
- Realizing and sustaining their goals.
My work is delivered through high level one-on-one coaching and targeted workshops, such as Creativity in Business and Immunity to Change. I also offer the Leadership Circle 360° Assessment. In my practice, I link my extensive business experience with my personal development work, drawing on my own share of successes and challenges, to help clients navigate and champion their own journeys.
My business background in marketing and market research blends consumer package goods industry and entrepreneurial experiences.
- Corporate executive management: Served as Vice President New Products for the development and launch of Advil Cold and Sinus, VP Marketing for Advil (formerly Whitehall Labs, now Pfizer), Interim VP Marketing for Maalox (formerly RPR now Novartis), VP Marketing for Endurox (PacificHealth Labs)
- Strategic consulting: Capitalized on marketing and retail knowledge to work with small and large natural products businesses and over-the-counter drug companies in developing new products and business strategies (e.g. Nature's Way, Lederle, Emerson Group)
- Qualitative market research: Planned and led focus groups with hundreds of consumers on topics from food to education, with companies as diverse as start-ups to Fortune 500s (e.g. Kellogg's, Danone, Cargill, BioVittoria)
I have a BA in Anthropology from the University of Pennsylvania and an MBA in Marketing from New York University. I am accredited by the International Coach Federation. As a graduate of the Naropa Authentic Leadership Certification, I now coach for the program.
Trained at New Ventures West in the Integral Coaching® methodology, my approach takes the whole person into account to create the dynamic alchemy of change, development and growth. I work with leaders of diverse organizations -- from corporations to non-profits -- as well as individuals seeking new career opportunities and those transitioning into new fields or life stages.
Following my passions for environmental conservation and education, I serve on several non-profits boards. For the Coral Reef Alliance, I was Board Chair and am now on the International Council. Currently, I am a Director of Teens4Oceans, which provides education and experiential learning, empowering youth to become ocean stewards. I am also Board Chair of PassageWorks Institute, which supports K-12 teachers with class room engagement and mindfulness training.
After spending much of my life in New York City, I now live in Boulder, CO, with my husband, Rob McCaleb and Sally the cat. I consider my recent transitions, my life in Boulder and my career as a coach, all great adventures.